Our cheek rests are made to order - we make it when you order it. We do not stock up on foreign made cheek rest to keep up with the demands. We make the cheek rest here in British Columbia, Canada.
The stock that we have listed is for clients to order the cheek rest - I have not yet found an open source cart system that will allow ordering of items made to order. If you run into one, please let me know. I will evaluate on how it will fit my business needs, and if the system fits I have no problem with switching to it.
I try to stock up on the ready-to-ship stock during the slow period. But often I am not able to maintain the stock.
It takes approximately 1-2 days to make the cheek rest.
Thank you for your understanding.
A Word on PayPal Express?
I enabled PayPal Express button as a method of payment due to demands - people like to check out expediently without creating an account. However, the draw back of PayPal Express on X-Cart (carting software I use) is that it won't show you the actual total that includes shipping until you complete the transaction. For a standard Small Packet Air Mail - No Tracking, CanadaPost charges about US$10. If you need tracking, it'll be US$16. Just be aware.
Per order, you will see US$44.00 for the cheek rest + the shipping cost ($10 or $16 depending which option you choose).
How do I measure the cheek rest height I need?
To find a more precise cheekrest/cheekpad fit:
- Roll up a rag (I prefer one leg from a pair of jeans)
- Tape the rag (or rolled up jeans pant leg) to the stock with a masking tape
- If you have access to a stiff foam, you can tape the foam to the stock.
- Find your eye sight alignment to the scope.
- Once a comfortable fit is found, measure the height from the stock to the top of the taped rag.
Can I order over the phone? Do you take order over the phone?
We're sorry, but we cannot take orders over the phone. Our online store is web-driven; which means order process and payment process is handled online.
We have no means to track over-the-phone orders to queue for production.
We also have no means to process the payment over the phone.
- We signed up for SQUAREUP payment system, but they charge us 3.5%+15c per manual entry - and order over the phone means manual entry. This would mean that we'll have to bump up the price of the cheek rest, which we are resisting to do.
I _HATE_ Paypal! Do you take other form of payment?
Yes, we do. Write us a personal cheque or money order, make it payable to CoyoteM1A Online, and mail it to:
810 -3025 Lougheed Hwy
Canada V3B 7G8
Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for the cheques or money order to clear. We will ship the order as soon as the cheques or money order clears.
When ordering through the web, you will be given the option to pay with cheques or money order. This will expedite the time required to make the cheek rest.
Do you make the cheek rest lower than 1"?
Yes, I do. I offer 1/2" height as a custom order and is the lowest height I can make. The dimension of the foam/pad is approximately 6" long, 1" wide and 1/2" high. Due to its dimensions, the foam/pad is slightly rounded at the top to maintain the height evenly across the 1" width.
Does your cheek rest fit a monte carlo stock?
Yes, it will, but it will require longer straps. Please let us know if you intend on using the cheek rest on a monte carlo stock, and we will add 2" longer to the straps.
How To Strap LadderLoc Buckles on Your CoyoteM1A Cheek Rest
1. One end of the buckle. For right hand model, this would be on the right side of your stock; and for the left hand model, it would be on the left side of the stock.
2. Feed the strap thru the middle slot from the bottom.
3. Feed the strap thru the forward slot from the top. Tighten the strap as much as possible. If you need to quick-release the buckle, simply lift the tab at the end of the buckle.
4. For more secure method double back the strap and feed it to the rear slot from the top. I find that if I really tighten the strap on step 3, I will need a pair of needle nose pliers to feed the strap to the rear slot. It is a bit tricky since you could left the tab and undo the tightness you achieved.
5. As the last step, I would advise to cut off the strap at about 1.5” or 2” from the rear slot and avoid flapping straps while shooting. Don’t forget to burn off the edge of the strap to prevent fraying.